Sunday, July 1

Rotoscoping Video Is For Dummies

After shooting another short while waiting for the post-sound and music for "The Pet", I've come to this logical conclusion: Never think that rotoscoping is a reasonable alternative to chromakeying!

During this arduous journey through the post on "Little Man", I'll put up a comprehensive tutorial on how to rotoscope a mask to lift elements from a shot. Before doing so, I do want my readers to remember that rotoscoping is a time and patience consuming process. After three nights of rotoscoping, I haven't even put a dent into the two minutes of footage I have.

After subjecting myself to this self-induced torture, I will do my research on a cost-effective way of building a greenscreen. Until then, may the gods have mercy on my soul...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Waiting in anticipation! Have you/will you be posting a tutorial? I'm ready! Hope you're finding success in CA.